Tuesday 12 August 2014

Our very vintage holiday affairs;

Hello and fine greetings to anybody indulging in this new post! I am back again with the desperate urge to share and spread wide and far the news of my recent holiday to Whitby. Now, Whitby is a small fisherman town in North Yorkshire. It has been a keen holiday destination for me and my family for years due to its sweet, carefree vibe (and it's delicious fish and chips...) and this year it was no different.

Whitby in all it's glory.

We set off with our bags packed and arrived in just short of 2 hours. This time, we had decided to stay in a newly decorated cottage in the center of town named Sea Shanty Cottage. From the outside, the weathered, white walls looked authentic and beautiful yet I was unaware of how amazed I would be when I climbed the steep stairs and entered the 2 story palace. The rooms were unbelievably sleek and well designed yet still managed to exuberate charm with their beach themed ways. Luckily I went on a wild, room hunting tour with my camera and captured some of the beauty within it.

This is, quite clearly, the amazing view.
This was the first floor bedroom with an amazing view.




This was the room that we decided to allow dad to inhabit due to his horrific snoring issues and his constant decisions to have "an early night". The bedroom on the floor above became mine and mum's stunning plaza for the week and we loved every single second of it!


What a bed fit for two queens.
Claw bath.....next to the bed? Luxury at its best.

AND a cotton wool ball stash

















 Opposite our old-fashioned hideout was a number of vintage shops (what a dream!) and so straight away I forced mum and dad to come and look round them as soon as possible with me. The first shop was selling knick-knacks and trinkets of the retro kind; her shop layout was truly beautiful and well thought about. I ended up buying a vintage book page from Alice in Wonderland which has been framed and then I couldn't help but buy a handmade and wrapped lemon soap bar as well which came to about £5.00 (HEY BIG SPENDER!)
It's stunning, right?
 I also decided to visit the shop next door which catered in antique jewellery and other delicate items. I ended up buying a hand-blown sea glass jar from the 1940s in order to store my incense sticks in when I arrived home.

Minutes before the scarf escaped.



That night we decided to go for a long walk around Whitby. We walked along most streets, most areas of beach and definitely most bars. I felt so at ease, almost like I was in a different country due to the serene beauty of the whole place. I could hardly believe that this was the only time that I have visited this place and felt so strongly about it. Maybe as you get older, you begin to appreciate the true wonders of the world? Well, that's what I'm believing.
If only I could be here every day of my life.

Before our time was coming to an end in the magnificent town; mum surprised me with the most exciting, fantastic, exhilarating, marvelous, genuinely perfect surprise that she could have possibly considered. She was taking me to a VINTAGE FAIR! To me, this was music to my ears and all things good about life. Our local vintage fairs' back home are so small and disappointing that this could only be an upgrade of the most fabulous kind. The fair filled the full hall of the pavilion theater and blew my mind beyond belief. I bought several new items of clothing, many vinyl records and of course some cute bits and bobs (which I am going to go into more detail with in my next post).

The most magnificent sight to grace my eyes. 
Before we knew it, we were travelling home with a lot more bags and a lot less dollar. It was honestly one of the best holiday's of my life because I have to admit, you can't beat the English air...or the English boys!

X



No comments:

Post a Comment